Tuesday, April 7, 2009

New Paint for Buckle My Shoe

I opened the doors of Buckle My Shoe Childcare in August of 2008 so that I could have the opportunity to stay home with my infant daughter and still contribute to the family income. We converted my old office into the playroom. Luckily I had a large office with lots of usable space. The office was what was originally the garage when this house was first built, before we owned it. The previous owner had the (wise) idea to convert the garage into house space, since the house is so small. But since we have owned the house, about 9 years now, the room was never painted. The white walls were grubby and stained with handprints, dust from the pellet stove, red rubbing spots from our old red couch, etc., but I hardly even noticed it!

Then one day I decided now was the time. I went to the library and got out books for inspiration in painting kid's spaces. I found many books, and bookmarked many pages. I consulted my friend Gretchen, the fabulous interior designer, and meditated and sketched. Several months later (yes, several...) I decided now was the time once again!

This time I went out and bought paint and dedicated a weekend to painting, and jumped in with both feet. Here is the result: our newly painted playroom!



No comments:

Post a Comment